Friday, February 18, 2011

Dinner Tonight!

every now and again I'll post a meal I made for dinner. I absolutely love to cook! I like the creative aspect of it and the emotional impact it makes on me. I cook when I'm sad, happy, excited...and of course hungry. All my meals are made from scratch. Sometimes I'll cook something delicious to accompany another thing I may have left over, sometimes its a full meal for just myself (with plenty of left overs for lunches and dinner throughout the week), Sometimes a dinner for special guests, and sometimes a recreation of something already in my fridge (aka random left overs receated into something new and exciting!)

Today I realized I have no idea what to make for dinner... I had some left over garlicky creamed corn and some chicken...I could have made a frittata or something, but instead I decided to add to the leftovers...I'm a huge fan of potato pancakes (I'm Polish so..) therefore I decided to create a new style of potato pancake...Pesto-pine nut potato pancakes! The came out pretty good actually, except next time I have to add more pesto. So I used red potatoes, pesto paste (a condiment in my fridge at all times), fresh garlic, onion, eggs, flour, pine nuts and salt and pepper to taste. Mixed all together and pan fried in olive oil....delicious! Also, as a special treat I sprinkled some mozzarella on top while still hot...perfect. My boring left overs became amazing with these little potato wonders... If anyoine cares for the recipe I can jot it down I suppose... and here is a terrible picture..


I should have been less lazy and used my camera...I was not looking forward to uploading the pics into my computer, and then uploading them to the site...next time

No comments:

Post a Comment