Friday, February 18, 2011

I watched a movie...

After my lovely dinner, I decided to watch a movie I've been thinking about for ages....I always forget about it, but today while on Netflix, I remembered! Monsoon Wedding. Its funny because I have the soudtrack, and I just now watched it...

Monsoon Wedding came out in 2001. Its a film by Mira Nair. The movie is about a Punjabi wedding celebration in New Dehli....its a comedy, a Bollywood styled movie (just not as crazy and dancy), and it was quite entertaining. The movie had about 5 other stories happening within itself, all the people within those plots are somehow related to the wedding celebration. Anyway I don't wanna spoil it but there are some crazy things going on! Between the visitors from all over the world, to some scandalous secrets and silly comedy, I really enjoyed it because it gives a little insight into those grand Indian wedding celebration. Its amazing how they're planned, what happens between engagement and the actual wedding (in this case 4 days, I'm not really sure if this is always the case), and how many interesting cultural differences there are compared to American and European celebrations. Its not your typical Bollywood styled film.

No comments:

Post a Comment