Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dinner Tonight!

I wanted to share this awesome recipe for a mediterranean styled couscous dish. Its perfect for parties, lunches, as a side dish to dinner, or just a interesting snack. It is delicious! I found a flavored couscous produced by Near East, its the Toasted Pine Nut variety. One day I decided to play with it a bit and added other items to it, in turn making it a bit more savory and interesting. I added red grapes, fresh parsley, red onion, and feta cheese. To make it a little more flavorful, I also added lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. This dish has become my favorite thing to eat. I make it every week! Below are some pictures (good ones this time)



The recipe is as follows:

1 pkg Near East Toasted Pine Nut couscous
4oz Crumbled Feta (approx)
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup red grapes (I'm sure green are ok, as long as they're seedless)
4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 tsp lemon juice
3-4 tsp EV Olive Oil

1. Cook couscous according to package directions. Let cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped red onion, sliced or chopped grapes, Feta cheese, and chopped parsley. Gently add cooked couscous, sprinkle with lemon juice, drizzle with oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. (salt can me omitted since the couscous is already flavored with spices)
3. Gently fold ingredients together until well combined.
4. Transfer finished salad into a nice bowl or serving dish and chill.
5. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment