Thursday, March 3, 2011

Driving myself to a goal...

In my first ever blog post I mentioned I'm getting a driver's licence. My road test date is on SATURDAY! I've been practicing a lot, I think I'm doing great, and my two "teachers" think I'm doing great too...yet I'm a ball of nerves! I'll be using my mom's car, a jeep liberty, but I've been practicing in a jetta and a civic.....thats a huge difference.... Also I'm having some mirror adjustment issues...and I'm still nervous getting on the highway, even though I've done it a few times and didn't die. I don't know, I guess its anxiety. I can't even imagine a 16 year old doing this...they're so irresponsible and naive at that age....its insane. Here I am: 27 years old and just doing it now.

One good thing that comes from my mom coming up to CT is that I'm gonna cook dinner for my mom and my little sis. This means there will be blog posts and recipes! I still have to post my dinner I made on wednesday, but I'm too lazy to upload the pics into my computer at the moment. Its been a hectic week.

So the next time I write will probably be on Tuesday. There will be recipes galore haha. I'll get more involved in the blog after this week is over.

My next goal is that GRE. I'm trying to take the test at the end of July and will study A LOT until then, but I will find time to entertain the blog a bit.

By the way, I watched a movie yesterday. Its called "The Extra Man". Its based on a novel of the same name written by Jonathan Ames. I loved that book. I had to read it for a literature class when I was undergrad. Its hilarious. Anyway the movie was pretty funny as well. I enjoyed it a lot. It stars Kevin Kline, Paul Dano and Katie Holmes. Its a strange story that includes sexual confusion, defining oneself and accepting yourself. Its a worthy flim.

No comments:

Post a Comment